[sane-devel] Problem building on OSX

Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:07:15 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 11:53:15AM +1000, Peter Howard wrote:
> (I've searched the archive and have seen related problems but not enough
> info to work the rest out :-(

I thought that problem was fixed. I have some reports that 1.0.12
works, so this maybe is one more occurance of the "all MacOS X systems
are different from each other" syndrome.

> I'm trying to build sane-backends 1.0.12 on OSX 10.2, and I get the
> following load errors:
>
> gcc -o .libs/scanimage scanimage.o stiff.o  ../lib/liblib.a
> ../backend/.libs/libsane.dylib -lm -framework CoreFoundation -framework
> IOKit
> ld: multiple definitions of symbol _getopt
> /usr/lib/libm.dylib(getopt.So) definition of _getopt
> ../lib/liblib.a(getopt.o) definition of _getopt in section
> (__TEXT,__text)

It is defined multiple and that's ok (in libsane and liblib).

You could ask the other MacOS X guys and find out what's different on
your setup.

There have been some MacOS X changes in the current CVS code, but I
don't think they are related to your problem.