[sane-devel] FreeBSD and Microtek Scanmaker II

Nakal nakal@web.de
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:29:15 +0200

On Wednesday 11 June 2003 11:27, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:

> Looks like a SCSI problem (either hardware or kernel driver). My
> Mustek SCSI scanners work fine with FreeBSD/386 so I don't think there
> is a general bug in the SCSI code of SANE.

You might be right. I will check the cables and the terminator.

> You can try to find out by which backend causes the
> problem by running
>
> SANE_DEBUG_DLL=255 scanimage -L

It's freezing in random backends. I removed all except microtek.

> Fast-20? I guess the scanner wil do 10 MHz at most. Maybe reducing the
> max speed will work together with the other options mentioned.

No, I think it might be hardware, because I have 3 SCSI cdrom-drives
attached and they work fine.

> Ah, try disabling reconnect/disconnect.

Nope... still same.

Thanks for the response Henning. At least I know that it SHOULD work. I will
give feedback after I've checked the hardware.

Martin