[sane-devel] "gamma" and "bayer" ? What are they?

Thomas VIAL el_profesorfr@yahoo.fr
Thu, 12 Jun 2003 20:02:21 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

> What I meant by "whitespace" is the blank spots
> between bytes in a file.
> For example,
>
> bc 3f
>
> and what is between the c and the 3 I am calling
> "whitespace."

Er, "bc" and "3f" are just two distinct bytes in
hexadecimal, 188 and 63 respectively. It seems you are
interpreting the hex dump as raw data...
One byte is 2 hex digit, and the whitespace is here
for readability.

Once correctly interpreted as a sequence of hex bytes,
my guess is that the log data is strictly equivalent
to the raw data, since the final number of bytes is
the same.

With a correct bmp header the raw data should be ok
(maybe upside down).
But with 1 byte per pixel the image should be
interpreted as greyscale I think -- unless it uses a
palette?

Thomas

=====