[sane-devel] TWAIN on SANE

Fri, 13 Jun 2003 12:28:54 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:00:16PM +0530, priya wrote:
> I have an interface for scanner on TWAIN protocol for windows.  Now i
> need to port it on the LINUX.

What do you mean by interface? Some application or library that uses a
scanner over the TWAIN interface?

> There are 2 solutions that either to work on TWAIN on sane bridge or
> to rewrite my interface according to sane.

I don't know much about TWAIN but I guess it isn't too easy to write
such a bridge on Linux beacuse of the link of twain to the widget
libraries. Also SANE and TWAIN are different in that SANE describes
the interface between driver and scan application while twain
describes the interface between scan application and image
manipulation tool.

> Can anybody suggest what would be more beneficial ???

From the information you provide I guess using SANE directly makes
more sense. But maybe you can provide some more details :-)

There are solutions to bridge between TWAIN and SANE, but they are
based on Windows: http://www.mostang.com/sane/sane-frontends.html (at
the bottom).