[sane-devel] "gamma" and "bayer" ? Thanks to everyone!

Theodore Kilgore kilgota@banach.math.auburn.edu
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:48:11 -0500 (CDT)

Henning,

Thank you very much for the space on the sane-devel mailing list for a
discussion about gamma correction and bayer interpolation/decoding.

To everyone who has responded about the topic, I also want to say thanks,
because I have gotten several useful suggestions out of it. At this point
I need at least a weekend, probably more, to absorb all of the suggestions
and to try them out in various ways, whether by incorporating them in
code, or by running more experiments with the camera, taking pictures of
"pure" red, green, blue, black, white, and so on.

So, again, thanks. I may respond to some of you privately, too, but give
me time. And probably Henning thinks that enough room and bandwidth have
been already taken up. I do hope the discussion has benefitted those
trying to deal with scanners as well as with cameras; otherwise I can only
admire the altruism of the list maintainers!

Theodore Kilgore