[sane-devel] avision: ADF support for HP7450C

Fri, 13 Jun 2003 22:10:19 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 12:04:20PM -0700, TomF wrote:
> I am using XSANE 0.89 on Redhat 9.0 with an HP 7450C scanner, with ADF
> that works on Windows XP when I dual boot.
>
> Setup/Enhancement/Automatic Document Feeder Modus has only the option
> None.  I did not understand how to set SANE_NAME_SCAN_SOURCE from the
> messages I read in the archives.  How do you do this?

The avision backend provides the option "adf" ("Enable
Automatic-Document-Feeder"). If this option isn't displayed, maybe the
backend hasn't detected your ADF. Try "scanimage --help". That should
list the ADF option, maybe as "inactive".

But the avision maintainer will know the details :-)

> In February, Rene Rebe suggested using the CVS version with this
> scanner.  Is this still necessary?  I would rather use a Redhat rpm if
> one is available with this support.

At least since the release of sane-backends 1.0.12 there have been no
changes to the CVS concerning the avision backend. So if you can get
an RPM of 1.0.12 this is current concerning SANE CVS.