[sane-devel] [Info] Microstar MR 9791

Sat, 14 Jun 2003 14:59:56 +0200

Hi,

On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 02:34:40PM +0200, Michael Herder wrote:
> it has been reported, that the Microstar MR 9791 scanner works with the
> artec_eplus48u backend (thanks to Jan-Oliver Bohnert).

Is this a new scanner? Where was it bought? Is the number correct? I'm
asking because google knows nothing about this scanner and that's
quite strange.

> It seems, that this is just another Medion brand; www.microstar.de directs
> me to www.medion.de at least.

Correct, the domain is registered by:
domain:      microstar.de
descr:       MEDION AG

> Concerning the desc file, should we just add this to
> mfg "Medion/Lifetec/Tevion/Cytron" ?

I propose to use a separate "Microstar" manufacturer for now. If more
Microstar products pop up or Medion products are sold under the same
number as Microstar products we can merge them.

The idea of the merged entry is that Medion uses the same numbers for
different labels. When we are sure that it's the same with Microstar,
we can merge it. Merging means changing some more .desc files.

> (My guess is, that there are also Microstar models, that work with
> your gt68xx backend).

Maybe. However, I haven't ever heard of Microstar (no reports yet).