[sane-devel] [Info] Microstar MR 9791

Michael Herder crapsite@gmx.net
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 05:35:39 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz, Samstag, 14. Juni 2003 14:59:
(sorry for sending this mail in private; I was using KMails "l" button
though)
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 14, 2003 at 02:34:40PM +0200, Michael Herder wrote:
> > it has been reported, that the Microstar MR 9791 scanner works with the
> > artec_eplus48u backend (thanks to Jan-Oliver Bohnert).
>
> Is this a new scanner? Where was it bought? Is the number correct? I'm
> asking because google knows nothing about this scanner and that's
> quite strange.

I was told, that the scanner was bought at "Kaufland", June 2002. It's in
fact an Artec E+ 48u (same pid,vid). Probably a device, which some
discounter sells for one week, and that's it.

> > It seems, that this is just another Medion brand; www.microstar.de
> > directs me to www.medion.de at least.
>
> Correct, the domain is registered by:
> domain:      microstar.de
> descr:       MEDION AG
>
> > Concerning the desc file, should we just add this to
> > mfg "Medion/Lifetec/Tevion/Cytron" ?
>
> I propose to use a separate "Microstar" manufacturer for now. If more
> Microstar products pop up or Medion products are sold under the same
> number as Microstar products we can merge them.

Ok, I will do this. Thanks for your reply.

bb
Michael