[sane-devel] WinXP problem

Oliver Rauch oliver.rauch@rauch-domain.de
Sat, 21 Jun 2003 22:26:11 +0200

I am using xsane-win32 on winxp as non privileged user.
Don`t ask me the exact settings. May be it is necessary
to make the user a "Main User" (in German "Hauptbenuter",
I am not sure about the exact keyword for the english version).

Oliver

On Saturday 21 June 2003 19:59, Ken Moffat wrote:
> New user, first posting, probably just brainfade, but here's my problem=
:

> I use xsane on linux (libranet, a debian derivative) with an Epson 1660
> scanner, and just installed xsane on WinXP on my home network. I have
> sane serving from libranet, and it works well from my other linux
> (debian 3.0) box. However, on WinXP I get errors about not being able t=
> create temp files; many errors on startup, get preview and shutdown.
> This is true with unprivileged users on XP, but with a privileged user
> all is working.
> Does anyone have a fix? or is this just an out-of-luck on XP condition?
> (I don't wish to make my teenagers privileged if I can help it! ;-) )

--=20
http://www.xsane.org
http://www.mostang.com/sane
http://www.rauch-domain.de