[sane-devel] scanimage and scanadf command line args

Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:45:20 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 08:03:21PM -0400, Peter Santoro wrote:
> My application makes use of scanimage and scanadf (sane 1.0.12 backend and
> 1.0.11 frontend) and it appears that there are a few inconsistencies with
> respect to the command line args of these sane front-ends.

Does scanadf do anything for you that scanimage can't?

scanadf is a spin-off of scanimage but scanimage had some improvements
after that. So there may be some differences.

> For instance, when using my fujitsu fi-4120c, "scanadf --help" shows that
> there is a "--paper_size" option available. Actually, it needs to be
> entered as "paper_size".

I think that's a bug in the fujitsu backend. The SANE standard says:
"The option name must consist of lower-case ASCII letters (a--z),
digits (0--9), or the dash character (-) only." So the underscaore "_"
is not allowed.

> Also, there is no "--threshold" option listed on
> the help screen, but it can be entered and it does appear to work
>  correctly.

There is an option called "threshold_curve" in the current fujitsu
backend. The same comment about the "_" applies. However, I'm not sure
if this does influence the handling of scanimage/scanadf.

> There are other apparent inconsistencies I've run across using
> scanimage, but I don't remember them now.

When you come across them again, please show them to us.