[sane-devel] any scanner drivers that will work with twian compliant digital cams?

Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:55:32 +0200

Hi,

On Sun, Jun 22, 2003 at 09:24:16PM -0700, technomage wrote:
> I have a vivtar brand vivcam-10.

To answer the question in the subject: There is no such thing a a
TWAIN-compliant camera o scanner. Only the scan applications are
TWAIN-compatible. So beeing TWAIN-compatible doesn't mean anything for
hardware.

> it has a usb port and works in windows (but I don;t have adaptive
> technology IN WINDOWS).

What's "adaptive technology"?

> I'd like to be able to use this device in sane. anyone know of a
> driver that will work for it?

As far as I know, no new SANE backends for cameras have been added
during the last few years. But check our lists to be sure.

However, there is the gphoto2 backend which can be used to access
devices supported by gphoto2. See http://www.gphoto.org.

There is also a backend for accessing video cameras supported by
video4linux called v4l.