[sane-devel] HP 7450C USB scanner failure with ADF

TomF TomF@sjpc.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:40:15 -0700

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:49:46 +0100
Jose Paulo Moitinho de Almeida <moitinho@civil.ist.utl.pt> wrote:

> On Monday 23 June 2003 18:12, TomF wrote:
> > I got the same
> > behavior when I ran xsane with ADF enabled.  After hanging for a
> > long time, sometimes a device disable error message is sent to the
> > log, sometimes not.

> it may happen that when you plug the
> scanner the kernel loads it automatically...
>
> Please try to do an "lsmod" to check if the module is loaded and if it
> is do an "rmmod hpusbscsi" before trying to scan.

Thanks.  I think I'm closer, but now my scanner is not recognized.

hpusbscsi was loaded.  I removed it, and checked the hardware browser.
The entry for the Scanner was removed.  To make sure hpusbscsi didn't
get loaded on the next reboot, I renamed hpusbscsi.o.

Then I rebooted to determine if the scanner would be detected as a usb
device.  The hardware browser still showed no browser, and xsane found
no scanner device on startup.

How can I get the scanner recognized as a USB device?