[sane-devel] Second draft of Scanner HOWTO for TLDP

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 09:17:10 -0400 (EDT)

it seems to me, that if you want your document to be more future-proof,
you would spend some more time talking about using libusb instead of the
kernel scanner driver, which is likely to be removed in later kernels (as
libusb becomes more stable)

until then, i would likely re-name section 3 to 'OS support' instead of
kernel support, and make two usb entries, one for kernel and one for
libusb.

then, to keep things consistent, you would have to add a libusb section to
4.2.

allan