[sane-devel] Visioneer 5800

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 15:41:34 +1000

--jho1yZJdad60DJr+

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 01:30:22AM +0000, jollyprince@juno.com wrote:
>=20
> I'm a newbie who just got his USB printer working and decided to tackle t=
he scanner next.  So far I've found the Vendor number and Product ID and in=
serted them into the modules.conf file.
>=20
> QUESTION: Is it a foregone conclusion that I need to recompile the kernel=
 next or is there a scanner install that does not require kernel recompile?

Many of the modern drivers use libusb rather than a specific scanner module,
so specific scanner modules are becoming a thing of the past. As long as you
have usbfs compiled in, you should be fine.

--=20
> "the West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or
> religion but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence.
> Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners never do."
>   - Samuel P. Huntington

--jho1yZJdad60DJr+

--jho1yZJdad60DJr+--