[sane-devel] What next?

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 13:35:22 +0200

Hi,

there is no need to send a copy of every email to me, I'm reading the
sane-devel list.

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 11:04:15AM +0000, jollyprince@juno.com wrote:
> [root@localhost roger]# scanimage -L
[not found]

> [root@localhost roger]# sane-find-scanner
>
> found USB scanner (vendor=0x04a7, product=0x0226) at libusb:005:002

Ok.

> NOTE: "scanimage -L" finds no scanners and suggests that I run
> "sane-find-scanner" which identifies vendor as 0x04a7 (Visioneer) and
> product as 0x0226 (Model 5800).

Yes, that's ok. sane-find-scanner should find every scanner.

> When I run xsane, it says no devices available.  So I've come a long
> way but no cigar.  HELP!

You'll get the cigar when you have written the SANE driver for this
scanner. As mentioned in my previous mail, there is most probably no
driver yet for this scanner. For writing a driver see:

http://www.meier-geinitz.de/sane/misc/unsupported.html

Even if you don't want to write a driver, please show us the output of
"cat /proc/bus/usb/devices" when your scanner is plugged in.