[sane-devel] [sane-devel]The report about 'sane-fujitsu'

m. allan noah anoah@pfeiffer.edu
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 14:26:03 -0400 (EDT)

you use old version of sane. remove redhat version of sane-backend:

rpm -e --force --nodeps sane-backend

and re-install sane:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc
make install

see below for more comments

On Fri, 27 Jun 2003, hironori kohno wrote:

> Hi,
> I performed testing about 'sane-fujitsu'.
> It reports below.
> OS: RedHat Linux V8
> Scanner: fi-4220C
> Indication matters:
> 1. color-mode
> When scan is carried out by color-mode, the information
> on a color differs from an actual manuscript.
> ex.A red paper is expressed as a yellow picture.

yes 4x20 uses BGR color, fixed in current cvs version.

> 2. resolution
> A maximum of 600 dpi is appropriate to x resolution of
> fi-4x20 scanner.
> The maximum of y resolution can be specified to 600dpi.

yes, currently backend uses the capabilites of the M3091 as default. if
you want to update code to use vpd instead, that would be good.

> 3. rif (reverse image format)
> i want you to support not by rif but by SANE_NAME_NEGATIVE.
> i do not set up by rif of scanner I/F, but want you to be
> reversed to an actual picture color.

sorry, i do not understand.

> 4. halftone-mode
> A picture cannot be taken even if it specifies the mode of
> halftone.

yes, also because of incorrect defaults.

> 5. paper-size
> "A3" and "double" are not supporting.

incorrect defaults i think. though from the interface manual of the
scanner, fi-4x20 does not support setting the paper size. must be set to
0xC0. would have to use --paperheight and --paperwidth inside the backend
to fake paper size setting?

> 6. Start button
> How to use start-button is not known.

cannot be used in sane. there is no portion of the sane api for accessing
status of control panel. i have used an external program.