[sane-devel] Can Normal User use EPP Scanner ?

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 08:23:01 +0100

On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 02:33:37PM +0800, zhu wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I wrote a backend for a EPP Scanner,it can work well by root.
> while I login as normal user,it can not work.How to fix it ?
>
>     Any help will be appreciated.
>

> Best Regards
> Jason

        Hello,

	it depends on how you wrote the backend. If you used direct hardware
access (inb/outb), your backend will have to be run as root. In this case people
usually run the backend trough saned. So only the daemon as root priviledges, and
users connect their frontends via network, even on the same host.

Regards,
        Stef