[sane-devel] First try dutch translation

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Sat, 01 Mar 2003 13:48:11 +0100

Martin Kho wrote:

>On Thursday 27 February 2003 01:08, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
>
>>Martin Kho wrote:
>>
>>>Some time ago Henning Meier-Geinitz asked for translators. I saw that
>>>there was no dutch-translation. So maybe the attached po-file will fill
>>>the gap.
>>>
>>>Yann's script gives the following output:
>>>
>>>[.tmp/mustek.c:156](151) "Flatbed"
>>>[.tmp/epson.c:527](197) "Dither A (4x4 Bayer)"
>>>[.tmp/epson.c:528](201) "Dither B (4x4 Spiral)"
>>>[.tmp/epson.c:529](205) "Dither C (4x4 Net Screen)"
>>>[.tmp/epson.c:530](209) "Dither D (8x4 Net Screen)"
>>>[.tmp/leo.c:111](638) "8x8 Coarse Fatting"
>>>[.tmp/leo.c:112](642) "8x8 Fine Fatting"
>>>[.tmp/leo.c:113](646) "8x8 Bayer"
>>>[.tmp/leo.c:114](650) "8x8 Vertical Line"
>>>
>>>Translated     :  552 (98.4%)  (of which 7 fuzzy ( 1.3%))
>>>Not translated :    9 ( 1.6%)
>>>Total          :  561
>>>
>>>Besides I tested the file as noted in the po-README. There were no errors.
>>>
>>>I hope that someone can check my translations and make necessary
>>>corrections/additions.
>>>
>>There is already a dutch translation, it's in CVS.
>>I submitted it two weeks ago directly to Henning.
>>Perhaps we can combine our translations.
>>

>Hi, Bertrik
>
>This seems to me a good idea. As you may have seen, Henning send me your
>translations. The question is how shall we combine our translations?
>Maybe we can split up the work. For instance, I start comparing your
>translations with the translations I made. If there is a difference I choose
>one or the other string. When I'am finished I send you my proposal. You can
>start with the translations that you left untranslated. When you are ready,
>you can send me your findings. Or do you have another suggestion?

I have no fundamental problem with using your translation for sane.
But instead of just dropping mine and commiting yours to CVS, I'd like
to discuss the differences between our translations (by private e-mail).

To be honest I don't feel like translating the things I left
untranslated before, that would be more double work.

I propose the following:
* we use your translation as a working copy
* I'll send you a list of things that I think should be translated
differently.
* as we reach agreement on the various translations,
  one of us integrates it into the working copy and sends it to the other.
* finally we do a consistency check and send it to Henning

By the way, what version of sane did you use for the translation?

Kind regards,
Bertrik Sikken