[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Sun, 02 Mar 2003 18:12:55 +0800

Hi Andras,

Thanks for your response

OS  RH7.3
KDE desktop

Major A wrote:

 > Do you have to do this every single time? BTW, 0777 is misleading
 > (though it will work), 0666 is correct. (Though it's probably a good
 > idea to create a new group for the scanner and/or run saned if you
 > have other SCSI devices connected to the computer.)

1) Yes, I have to do it every single time after login, logout and
relogin.  It is not convenient.  Any solution?
2) What is the difference between 0777 and 0666
3) My scanner is connected to a SCSI card besides the CDWriter is also
simulated as scsi connection.  That are all SCSI devices in my PC
4) How to create a new group for scanner

 >>mode of `/dev/sg1' changed to 0777 (rwxrwxrwx)
 >># /sbin/insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0
 >

 > You can either put the line "aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0" in
 > /etc/modules to have the module loaded at boot-time with the right
 > parameters, or place a line "options aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0" in
 > /etc/modutils/aliases to tell insmod/modprobe which options to use
 > when loading the module. Remember to run update-modules after
 > modifying /etc/modutils/aliases.

1) Update-modules is not in my system.  Type update-modules could not
find it.
2) Neither modutils directory nor the file 'aliases' exist

 > The filenames are correct on Debian systems, they might not be on your
 > system, but the files should be pretty easy to find. (The
 > update-modules stuff might not even exist on other systems, in which
 > case you'll have to edit /etc/modules.conf instead, and it's not
 > necessary to run anything afterwards.)

Edit  /etc/modules.conf  adding a line at the bottom

alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 8139too
alias eth1 8139too
alias sound-slot-0 ymfpci
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L
  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S
  >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
/sbin/insmod aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0

Xsane could not be started because scanner not detected.

B.R.
Stephen Liu