[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Theodore Kilgore kilgota@banach.math.auburn.edu
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 18:31:36 -0600 (CST)

Hope these comments will also help:

It is relevant here whether one is using devfs or not. If one is using
devfs, then the devices /dev/sg* do not exist, unless and until the sg
module gets loaded. In any event, if these files are created when the
machine gets booted up (presumes that the module gets loaded and the
scanner is attached to the computer too. Then it is possible (on my
Slackware system) to edit the file

/etc/rc.d/rc.local
which is the last thing run during the boot sequence, and put in a command
which says something like

chmod 666 /dev/sg1

and then all is OK. I presume that on other distros there is a file with a
similar role to /etc/rc.d/rc.local on a Slackware system. Presumably it
will be found somewhere in an /etc/rc(something) directory.

Theodore Kilgore