[sane-devel] Re: Problem installing new HP5400 backend

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 23:40:31 +1100

--mojUlQ0s9EVzWg2t

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:03:57PM +1000, Rob Male wrote:
> Thanks to Thomas I finally have my HP5470c scanning under Linux.
> Adding "hp5400" to dll.conf was all that was needed, but only after I
> found and removed all my previous attempts at installing sane from rpm's
> and who knows what else.
>=20
> The problems I have now may be caused by the backend or maybe I'm just
> missing something.
>=20
> 1. When scanning using xsane or scanimage the scan is fine if I leave
> the geometry set to the default,
> (although I do receive an error message from xsane "Backend sends more
> image data than it defined in parameters"),=20
> however if I change the geometry to suit the image eg. a 6x4 photo, the
> scanner produces a loud grating sound at the end of the scan.

Hmm, not good. Which version are you using? When and what did you download?
I havn't seen that "image data" message in a long time now.

> 2. Scans at 75dpi and 150 dpi produce images with a reasonable colour
> match, however when scanning at 300 dpi the colours are completely
> wrong. eg. blue becomes green

Yes, that's a continuing problem. Seems the amount of correction needed
varies depending on various other parameters.

Thanks for the report,
--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--mojUlQ0s9EVzWg2t

--mojUlQ0s9EVzWg2t--