[sane-devel] How to combine scanned images together and print them as a file

Stephen Liu satimis@icare.com.hk
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 18:36:15 +0800

Hi Ulrich,

RH7.3
KDE
Xsane

Thanks for your advice.

I think that your alternative suggestion may suit my application.  I can
save the scanned images as pnm, bmp, etc format and keep them in the
same directory.  What I need is a tool to stack all images together to
form a file with each image on separate page and then print them as pdf
file.  I came from Windows, PageKeeper or OmniPager or PaperPort will do
the job and then print all images to a pdf file forming a book.  They
also have simple graphic edition tools.

Goggle search brought me to following site;
http://www.trilon.com/xv/xv.html

Now I have  xv-3.10a-13.i386.rpm  and  xv-3.10a.tar.gz  downloaded.  But
from its document I am not quite sure whether xv is a freeware under GNU
licence or a proprietory application.

I shall be much appreciated if you can pass me some additional
information whether XV has more and less same feature as those Windows
application as mentioned before

Thanks in advance.

B.Regards
Stephen Liu