[sane-devel] New release of the alpha version of hp5400 SANE backend

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Tue, 04 Mar 2003 19:06:40 +0100

Thomas Soumarmon wrote:

>Hi everybody,
>
>Martijn have done more great work those days. It is still an alpha version as
>it is not full featured and there are still two major bugs :
>* the image goes fuzzier as the resolution increases
>* 1200 and 2400 dpi images are scrambled.
>Except of that, 75 and 150 dpi are working pretty well.

What do you mean by fuzzier?
Is this the problem of vertical shift between separate color components
(R G B)?

Problems with scrambled images could be caused by an overflow of the
internal data buffer (at least that's what I found with niash12/14/19
chips). In that case, you should be able to correlate this to backtracking
(quickly moving back and forth of the lamp).
Do the scrambled images also occur if you scan only a narrow vertical strip?

Kind regards,
Bertrik