[sane-devel] New release of the alpha version of hp5400 SANE backend

Martijn van Oosterhout Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 11:05:29 +1100

--w3uUfsyyY1Pqa/ej

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 06:59:22PM +0100, Bertrik Sikken wrote:
> So you're getting more rubbish than actual image data?

At the moment, yes.

> From the code I see that command 0x1500 always writes 300,
> perhaps this needs to be changed to the same DPI value written
> with command 0x2505?

No! Don't do that. That value is (as far as we know) the units that the
SCANREQUEST values (offx/y, lenx/y) are given in. If you fiddle with that it
stasrt going off to scan the wrong area of the page.

Unless there is evidence it does more I'm not touching it. The windows
scanning program sets it once during the initiaisation and never touches it
again, no matter how many scans you do.

--=20
> Support bacteria! They're the only culture some people have.

--w3uUfsyyY1Pqa/ej

--w3uUfsyyY1Pqa/ej--