[sane-devel] Problems with Plustek driver

Danilo Godec danci@kibla.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 15:06:03 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Danilo Godec wrote:

> On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Jaeger, Gerhard wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > what about the access rights of /dev/pt_drv0?
>
> I was root when I tried this, but also tried to set it to 777:

I've made an interesting discovery - if I used the forceMode=1 and mov=2
parameters to pt_drv, the scanner was not recognized correctly (it was
recognized as 4380P when in fact it is a Primax 4800 Direct), but then
'scanimage -L' actually found it as available.

And xscanimage actually scanned something - it was a bit blueish and a bit
garbled, but at least there was something! :)

Which of course leads me to believe that the problem lies either in the
BIOS / EPP implementation or the kernel (it's Suse 8.1 default kernel with
all their options - maybe something conficts with pt_drv)...

I hope someone can give me some more clues. :)

  Thanks, D.