[sane-devel] Shotcut to detect IRQ

Gene Heskett gene_heskett@iolinc.net
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 10:11:14 -0500

On Sun March 9 2003 07:11, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
>Hi,
>
>On Sun, Mar 09, 2003 at 08:03:42PM +0800, Stephen Liu wrote:
>> # ls /etc/init.d
>> anacron  functions  kdcrotate  nfs      rawdevices  sshd
>> ypbind apmd     gpm        keytable   nfslock  rhnsd
>> syslog     yppasswdd atd      halt       killall    nscd
>> sendmail    vncserver  ypserv autofs   identd     kudzu
>> ntpd     single      winbind    ypxfrd crond    ipchains   lpd
>>      portmap  smb         wine cups     iptables   netfs
>> radvd    snmpd       xfs dhcpd    isdn       network    random
>> snmptrapd   xinetd
>>
>> I suppose "xinetd" is the file. If I am wrong please correct me.
>
>You are wrong. xinetd is the start-up file for xinetd :-)
>It's not intended to load any modules.
>
>> I shall ADD following line to the bottom of /etc/modules.conf
>>
>>  insmod_opt=aha152x aha152x=0x140,9,7,0
>
>No. Use the line I mentioned in my last mail. insmod_opt is for
>general insmod options as far as I know, not for module-specific
>options.
>
>> and ADD "modprobe aha152x" at the bottome of file
>> /etc/init.d/xinetd
>
>Basically yes, but not in xinetd.
>
>Mayby someone else knows the correct file for your distribution.

I went back up the log but didn't see it quoted in my mailcache
here.  But the file he wants to modify on a redhat system would be
/etc/rc.d/rc.local, which is executed only once at boot time by
virtue of a link to it in the /etc/rcX.d directories call S99local.

Ahh, yes, found it.  RH7.3 he said.  So that 'rc.local' is the
correct file to modify.

--
Cheers, Gene
AMD K6-III@500mhz 320M