[sane-devel] Is the Packard Bell Diamond 2450 scanner supported by sane?

David Marsh's list-reading hat lists2003@viewport.clara.co.uk
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 15:56:41 +0000

I apologise if this is a dumb-newbie question, but was wondering if the
Packard Bell Diamond 2450 scanner is supported by sane?

I have searched various Linux scanning websites, but don't see any
mention of it anywhere.. Maybe it's unsupported, or maybe it's quite new
and nobody has tried it?

I'm looking for a scanner to use under Linux (and also with one eye on
probable future use under MacOS X - wanna get me a Mac laptop someday
soon!). The ability to scan photographic negatives would be a very
useful plus point for me. The above scanner seems that it might be quite
nice..?

However, I've heard various voices in favour of the Epson Perfection
1260 from elsewhere, so I may just go for that, as apparently sane
support is very good, but it seems to be a rather bulkier scanner..

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

David.

--
David Marsh, Glasgow, Scotland, N Europe. | http://web.viewport.co.uk/
<email valid @time of writing>, but reply to list preferred, thanks.