[sane-devel] Normal or destructive behaviour when starting SANE?

Alisdair a.laird@hull24.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 16:28:24 +0000

Thanks Melanie

I think I'm using libusb, but I've not checked.

Between my posting and your response it's possible I've solved the problem by commenting
out all the details listed for other scanners in snapscan.config.

A couple of reboots and starting Xsane each time has produced a perfectly uneventful start
for the scanner.

I'm none the wiser why this should be doing the trick, unless sane is checking all the
options and some are causing a response from the e20 - that's my theory anway. ;-)

However I'm not signing this off as 'solved' just yet, but certainly hopeful.

Cheers, Alisdair