[sane-devel] Normal or destructive behaviour when SANE starts?

Alisdair a.laird@hull24.com
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 18:20:06 +0000

Thanks Jose, fortunately I seem to have found a fix, but I'm waiting to be sure.

Things have progressed - from the other thread with an almost identical name (I got
confused over addresses so the original got sent twice)!:

'...it's possible I've solved the problem by commenting out all the details listed for
other scanners in snapscan.config.

A couple of reboots and starting Xsane each time has produced a perfectly uneventful start
for the scanner.

I'm none the wiser why this should be doing the trick, unless sane is checking all the
options and some are causing a response from the e20 - that's my theory anway.'

Regards, A.