[sane-devel] Mustek 1200CP apparently skipping lines

Pigeon jah.pigeon@ukonline.co.uk
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 20:25:20 +0000

I have a Mustek 1200CP scanner and the latest versions of sane:
sane-backends-1.0.11
sane-backends-extras-1.0.10.2
sane-frontends-1.0.10
xsane-0.90
running under debian woody on an Athlon 1800XP/VIA chipset, compiled
using gcc-2.95.4. I am using the mustek_pp driver.

It appears that the scanner carriage is advancing two steps when the
software thinks it has only advanced one step. Scanning anything
larger than half the length of A4 results in the carriage attempting
to overrun the end of its travel with unpleasant slipping of gears.
All scans come out "squashed" and need to be expanded 2:1 in the
vertical direction.

Also, the light flashes on and off rapidly during the scan; I am not
sure if this is related.

This occurs both with xsane and with scanimage.

Is this a known problem, and is there a known solution?

Pigeon