[sane-devel] Scanning slides: iscan/Xscan

Ole Jacob Taraldset ojt@gexcon.com
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 18:14:57 +0100

Hi,

I have a EPSON Perfection 1650 photo and have tried out both Xsane and iscan.
Iscan creates great results but Xsane does not. I have put an example up on
<http://home.broadpark.no/~ojtarald/iscan.png> and
<http://home.broadpark.no/~ojtarald/xsane.png>. Both are scanned at 300dpi
and using "autoexposure". As you see the resolution is much better in the
iscan-ed image.

Why is this? Is it because iscan contains some modules developed by EPSON
which is not available to other sane frontends? Would it be possible to use
this module also for other frontends? Or is there something I do wrong?

Also why is the preview so much quicker for iscan than for Xsane. Is there
some setting that can be changed?

Regards,
Ole Jacob

--
GexCon AS, Bergen, Norway  <http://www.gexcon.com>
Tel : +47 55574334 (office) +47 55558650 (home)