[sane-devel] ADF Color Scanner (also IBM?) w/proprietary isa-controller any hope?

Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:31:28 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, Mar 17, 2003 at 04:45:41PM +0100, Holger Drefs wrote:
>   is there any hope to find a backend for a ADF Color Scanner with
>   proprietary isa-controller there is the same model from IBM. THe model
>   has a second name SF600AS. The connection looks parport like. The 8bit
>   ISA controller is called GPS-1 PAGE-A from Taiwan.
>   Connecting cable is from Plustek, Scanner is also powered by the
>   controller.

I'm not absolutely sure about your description:

You have a scanner that's called "ADF Color Scanner" and "SF600AS"?
Who is the manufacturer of this scanner?

Is it the same as the "IBM ADF Color Scanner" or does it just have the
same name?

The problem is that "ADF Color Scanner" is a really generic name.
That's like Mercedes would cal one of it's car "Blue Car".

>   Do you have any ideas? Or should i forget and use it under w98?

I don't think it's supported by SANE currently. As far as I know, SANE
supports only one scanner that uses a proprietary card, that's the
Mustek 600 II N.