[sane-devel] Re: Affordable film scanner supported by SANE

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere@teaser.fr
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:10:36 GMT

Major A écrit:

> Orange mask: at least with Coolscan2, this one is trivial: adjust the
> exposure times of the R, G, B channels so that the space between two
> frames comes out exactly white. If you then scan with these settings
> and invert, all colours will be correct, and you have used the scanner
> at its best -- you get the best possible noise performance out of it.

What about automating that process ? Couldn't we set up pre-loaded profiles
for that operation ? I personnaly have a bunch of different neg films and
could help with my LS-30 by providing data.

BTW, I never could come up with something satisfying.

Hub