[sane-devel] gt68xx 'stretching' at 300dpi grey with Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU.

William Gallafent william.gallafent@virgin.net
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:28:40 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I've been using the 1.0.44 gt68xx driver today with a Mustek Bearpaw
1200 CU scanner over USB (ohci) on linux on a dual Athlon-MP system
with AMD 760MP chipset, using the patched kernel scanner driver for
2.4.20. Almost everything works well, and the results are generally
excellent for a scanner that cost only about =A350!

Scanning in 8-bit grey 300dpi, though, leads to some random
'stretching' of parts of the result, and the head sometimes doesn't
get to the end of the scan area. It's different each time. There are
also some creaking noises from the scanner. It seems as if the drive
belt is slipping slightly.  The output is perfect at 150 or 600dpi
though. In colour mode, 300dpi works fine too.

Is there something to do with the driver that might cause this
problem? Or is my scanner broken? (It hasn't been used very much, so
that would be disappointing!)

Thanks for any advice,

--=20
Bill Gallafent.