[sane-devel] Re: Affordable film scanner supported by SANE

Jonathan Buzzard jonathan@buzzard.org.uk
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 19:58:22 +0000

andras@users.sourceforge.net said:
> Just an idea -- since this is bound to become an issue with more than
> just the Coolscan2 backend, how about adding a "preference memory"
> feature to xsane? You could save multiple sets of settings for the
> same backend and recall them any time. This way you could set up one
> for each type of film you are using. We could also add a flag to the
> options in SANE2 that tells the front-end whether a particular option
> is specific to the scanner as a whole or just the object to be
> scanned: xsane would then have a way of saving exposure values but not
> resolution and bit-depth, for example.

Here is a better idea. How about a SANE front end dedicated to scanning
slides and negatives. As another idea it could be closely modelled on
VueScan. At the end of the day that is what is required.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard                 Email: jonathan@buzzard.me.uk
Northumberland, United Kingdom.       Tel: +44(0)1661-832195