[sane-devel] gt68xx 'stretching' at 300dpi grey with Mustek Bearpaw 1200 CU.

Tue, 18 Mar 2003 22:26:03 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 07:28:40PM +0000, William Gallafent wrote:
> Scanning in 8-bit grey 300dpi, though, leads to some random
> 'stretching' of parts of the result, and the head sometimes doesn't
> get to the end of the scan area.

So the scan head scans but doesn't move? That doesn't happen here with
that scanner.

> It's different each time. There are also some creaking noises from
> the scanner. It seems as if the drive belt is slipping slightly.

Make sure that the scanner is placed on an absolute flat table. And
check if the case still looks correctly. I don't think it's a hardware
issue because it only happens in one mode but you never know.

> The output is perfect at 150 or 600dpi though. In colour mode, 300dpi
> works fine too.

Does is happen in 12 bit mode also? Any change if you use small scan
widths?

> Is there something to do with the driver that might cause this
> problem?

You could try dome of the older backends, especially 1.0-37. That one
was in sane-backends-1.0.10 and therefore has a lot of users. I
haven't gotten a similar bug report so I guess it's not the driver.

Which firmware do you use? The one from my website or the one provided
by Mustek?