[sane-devel] ScanJet 3200C

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:48:17 +0100

On Wed, Mar 19, 2003 at 10:09:00AM -0300, Alejandro Noli wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed the backend, but it works with umax_pp -p -t 1 and do not with scanimage -L.
>
> Where is the problem?  I couldn't change the parport0/base-addr number to hex.  I mean, the 888 is unchangeable !!  Why is that?  Because the permissions?
>
> Thanks, and accept my apologizes if this is a very high-level list to post this kind of newbie message. :-)
>
> --
> Alejandro Noli
> http://www.advance.com.ar/usuarios/janoli

	Hello,

	by default, the umax_pp backend is commented out in dll.conf, so it isn't
used by scanimage. The umax_pp is directly linked against the backend and bypass
dll.conf. Since the umax_pp program works, and scanimage does not show the scanner
I think you only have to edit dll.conf (which is usually located in /etc/sane.d or
/usr/local/etc/sane.d) and change the line:

#umax_pp

to:

umax_pp

Everything should be OK.