[sane-devel] Re: Affordable film scanner supported by SANE

Karl Heinz Kremer khk@khk.net
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 11:01:42 -0500

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 04:34:47PM +0100, Henning Meier-Geinitz wrote:
> > their own ICC profiles, for which a new API function would be ideal).
>=20
> Wouldn't it be possible to use any of the existing SANE option types
> for the icc profile? If I understand correctly, it's a read-only
> option which is even static during runtime. If this is not possible,
> better create a new option type instead of yet another sane api call.
> How big are icc profiles usually?

They can be a few hundred bytes (matrix shaper profiles) to a few megabytes=
. for
all practical purposes, the profiles we are dealing with should be a few
hundred kilobytes.=20

Karl Heinz

--=20
Karl Heinz Kremer                                  khk@khk.net