[sane-devel] SANE & Java

Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:25:03 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:29:25AM -0500, Sanjay Godbole wrote:
> I don't know whether my earlier mail reached the mailing list or not.

I don't think so. Maybe you have used an address that wasn't
subscribed at that time.

> I would like to know if someone has worked on the SANE & Java combination.

There is japi, it's in the sane-backends source code. It's a library
to allow access to sane over java, there is also a java frontend. This
code is quite old and I wan't able to get it running.

> Please let me know if there is any Java backend for SANE.

Silvio Vogt <blackhol at web.de> has worked on fixing/updating the
java code, but it's not completely finished yet. Contact him for
details.

> Further, I would like to know if we have a SANE backend for Windows
> platform too.

There is no backend for Microsoft Windows. Well, to be exact, the net backend
works on MS Windows in a hacked version together with xsane.

I guess porting to MS Windows would be a major hazzle and nobody who
uses this oerating system seems to be interested in doing this.

Links to frontends and other stuff for MS Windows can be found on the
SANE homepage.