[sane-devel] Scanned colours?

Rene Rebe rene.rebe@gmx.net
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 01:06:07 +0100 (CET)

Hi.

If you would have supplied your exact scanner model and SANE version
we might provide more exact answers ... :-(

If you use a HP 5370or 74xx this was a known issue until
recently. Apply the latest patch at:

SANE/Avision:

  - Homepage:
    http://drocklinux.dyndns.org/rene/avision/

  - Sourcecode:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/src/

  - Patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/

  - Incremental patches:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/incremental/

  - Source tarball:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/tarballs/

  - Precompiled binary:
    http://www.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/patches/bin

  - Possible mirror sites:
    http://www.rocklinux.de/people/rene/sane/
    http://www2.rocklinux.org/people/rene/sane/

On: Wed, 26 Mar 2003 12:45:51 +1000,
    Brad <saneuser@sportingwheelies.org.au> wrote:
> I have an HP SCSI scanner connected to a Red Hat 8.0 box and have man=
aged to =

> get XSane working OK. The scanner is supported by Xsane by default an=
d all =

> functions seem to work fine.
> =

> However, I have just scanned a photograph of Santa and his red suit c=
ame out =

> aqua in colour and most of the other colours are wrong too.
> =

> I have then tried to scan a magazine cover that had a basically grey =

> background with an olympic gold medal on it and the grey background i=
s a =

> strange shade of greay and the gold medal is MISSING ALTOGETHER!
> =

> Can anyone shed any light on this? (Please excuse the pun!)

- Ren=E9

--  =

Ren=E9 Rebe - Europe/Germany/Berlin
e-mail:   rene@rocklinux.org, rene.rebe@gmx.net