[sane-devel] primefilm 1800u

Fri, 28 Mar 2003 17:52:57 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 09:05:42PM -0500, aselby wrote:
> i am sure the developers know this uses a GeneScan GL841.

Well I didn't know. In fact I've never heard about this scanner.

Am I right that the Primescan 1800u is produced by PIE (Pacific Image
Electronics)?

Can you give further details, i.e. the output of /proc/bus/usb/devices
or at least the vendor and product ids?

> Is there any driver for this or any hope there will be one?

I don't see any other scanner in our database that uses this chipset
and I don't know of anyone writing a driver. So the driver will be
there when someone has written it. When you start writing it, please
contact us so we can update the list.