[sane-devel] Trouble with hp5400

Tim Ashman tim@ashmans.net
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 06:21:51 -0800

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 29, 2003 at 04:16:26PM -0800, Tim Ashman wrote:
>
>>I've been trying all afternoon to get the 5400c recognized on my Suse
>>8.0 system.
>>
>>I've removed the older sane, installed the newest backend, followed the
>>instructions included with the alpha hp driver and the few posts I could
>>find searching these archives....
>

> This would be the HP5400c? That backend is not in SANE by default, but
> maybe you can try:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/hp5400backend/

I have grabbed this and followed the instructions about changing the
SANE_LIBS_DIR and such.  I have a *so.1 in my sane libs directory.  If I
use hwinfo I see the scanner info in the correct category under
scanners. So the linux appears to be working correctly I just can't get
sane to use the 5400backend.

> You may need to get the CVS version but the latest release there should
> work. Please let us know how it goes.

I will snag this and give it a try.  Thanks.