[sane-devel] ScanJet 3200C

stef stef-listes@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:14:18 +0000

On Fri, Mar 28, 2003 at 06:32:52PM -0300, Alejandro Noli wrote:
> I'm closer and closer... It will work, I know !!
>
> You know, I saw in the BIOS, the two values, and thought that selecting both it will be allright.  I changed it. Now, only EPP, and is listed now.
>
> Finally scanimage -L showed what it has to.  But, after that, I installed xsane (that depends on libsane with, i think, another version of scanimage) and there is a crash.
>

> Sincerely,

	Hello,

	since the hardware is now tuned, you might consider removing all sane and
scanimage packages, and then reinstall them at once with version that makes your
package manager happy. You'll certainly have to modify dll.conf again.

	Alternatively, you may recompile sane and xsane from their sources. Passing
'--prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc' will ensure that they will be installed where
most distribution put them. Don't forget '--enable-parport-direction' for
sane-backends.

Regards,
	Stef