[sane-devel] IPv6 patch for saned and net backend

Julien BLACHE jb@jblache.org
Sun, 30 Mar 2003 20:48:31 +0200

Henning Meier-Geinitz <henning@meier-geinitz.de> wrote:

Hi,

>> *** FreeBSD: IPV6=yes, compiles ok, but running net doesn't really work:
>
> The problem occurs because the socket is set into non-blocking mode:
> if (fcntl (fd, F_SETFL, O_NONBLOCK)

Damn, I thought the fd was duped after the connection is accepted, in
which case the O_NONBLOCK flag is cleared (as any other flag) on the
returned fd.

> However, saned (or to be exact, the sanei_net stuff) doesn't expect
> that and doesn't handle EAGAIN. Just removing the fcntl line solves
> the problem.

Patch updated, I removed this line ; there's also the fix for the
SANE_IN6_IS_ADDR_LOOPBACK that removes the __ in front of the const
keyword in the casts.

<http://people.debian.org/~jblache/sane-IPv6-20030330.patch> (48 KB)

Now it should build and run on most platforms...

JB.

--
Julien BLACHE                                   <http://www.jblache.org>
<jb@jblache.org>