[sane-devel] Getting back to my 1200UB problem...

jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu jhaynes@alumni.uark.edu
Mon, 31 Mar 2003 15:53:28 -0600 (CST)

I'm now running, I think, the same software on two machines.
scanimage -V reports 1.0.8

On the old machine, 66MHz Pentium, scans of halftone pictures in
magazines come out fine.  On the new machine, 2.4GHz Pentium 4,
I get the ugly looking pictures, Moire effects on the halftone.

Another curiosity is that I view the raw bits file with xv or
gimp and both show the Moire checkerboarding.  But with xv, if
I click on the file name in the control window, which should
make it reread the same file, the Moire checkerboarding goes away
and I get a nice picture.

--

jhaynes at alumni dot uark dot edu