[sane-devel] compiling without USB support

Hubert Figuiere hfiguiere at teaser.fr
Tue Mar 11 13:24:35 GMT 2003

On mardi, mars 11, 2003, at 12:05 Europe/Paris, Henning Meier-Geinitz
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Mar 11, 2003 at 11:22:59AM +0100, Hubert Figuiere wrote:
>> I'd like to compile sane without USB support, because libusb makes
>> sane
>> crash (this is a libusb issue, not sane, because I have the same
>> problem with gphoto2)
>
> I'm interested in the details: Which version of libusb, where does it
> crahs exactly, which platform?

libusb, latest version packaged in Debian PowerPC. same if compiled
from source.
The crash is that the variable usb_busses (or what it points to) does
not seems to be properly initialized.
Note: if I use Debian package for libsane (and also gphoto2) I have the
same problem. I'll dig into it further when back home and give you much
more details, including stack-trace.
sane-find-scanner also crashes.

>> I tried passing
>> 	--disable-usb
>> 	--disable-libusb
>>
>> ton configure. but without success.
>
> That's not possible by setting an option. Either disable the tests in
> configure.in (and run autoconf) or rename /usr/include/usb.h to
> something else before running configure.

I thought about that solution. I just wanted to avoid it. May I file a
RFE ?

Hub