[sane-devel] Scanimage don't work with PCTV

Wed, 5 Nov 2003 21:42:37 +0100

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 04, 2003 at 08:56:19PM +0100, Alberto Busso wrote:
> I am trying to use scanimage with a Pinnacle PCTV Card (that work perfectly
> with xscanimage or xwatv).
>
> I need to use scanimage from commandline to grab a frame each minute. I use a
> script with this command:
>
> scanimage -d v4l:/dev/video0 >prova.pnm
>
> but I get this message:
>
> setting of option --br-x failed
>
> What can I do?

The problem is that scanimage wnat's to set width and height of the
image but the v4l backend does not provide that options.

Which version of SANE do you use (scanimage --version)? I thought I
had fixed that bug but that may be wishful thinking.