[sane-devel] ScanJet 3400c

Bertrik Sikken bertrik@zonnet.nl
Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:53:05 +0100

Kernel wrote:
 > Hi,
 > 	I am using Suse 8.2 and I have a problem with making my HP 3400c to
work. I
 > am using sane 1.0.12.0 backend. I tried everything but it won't work.
System
 > recognized scanner and put niash driver but when I start Kooka, for
example,
 > it says that I didn't provide SANE installation. Xsane and Xscanimage
tell me
 > that they cant open the niash:libusb:001:002 device becouse it is
busy. I
 > also uncommented the /dev/usbscanner line in niash.conf but that,
also, had
 > no effect.
 > 	This is output from consol:

<snip>

The niash backend is not officially part of sane yet.
(Getting it ready for inclusion is on my list of urgent things to do
with it)

I don't know why it says you didn't provide sane installation, but I
know that there are some bugs in Kooka that may prevent it from working.
It could be that xsane and xscanimage complain because of permission
problems to the libusb files. Try it as root and see if it works.
Also make sure that you have the usbdevfs mounted on /proc/bus/usb.

You can also try to load the scanner kernel module (modprobe scanner
(as root)) and see if it works with the scanner kernel module loaded.

Kind regards,
Bertrik