[sane-devel] CVS problem: lock file in sane-backends/doc

gerard klaver gerard@gkall.hobby.nl
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 15:09:56 -0100

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 10:33, edg1@tiscali.be wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unable to commit changes to the doc/ directory of sane-backends
> because it is locked:
>
> > cvs server: [12:32:40] waiting for anoncvs_sane's lock in
> /cvsroot/sane/sane-backends/doc
> > [repeating every 30 seconds]
>
> Does anyone know how this can be fixed ?
>
> Eddy

part of Email text from Henning some time ago:

Hi developers,

Some topics concerning CVS write access:

* Getting write access to the CVS servers
  The details of getting write access to the CVS server are mentioned
  on our CVS page: http://www.sane-project.org/cvs.html
  Just some more comments:

  * Once you have been added, it will take some time until CVS write
    access actually works.
  * Every developer is also able to modify the bug tracker, i.g. to
    change priorities and assignments of bugs
  * You don't need to be a backend developer to get CVS access. If you
    regularily update documentation or translations that's ok, too.
  * If someone isn't interested in CVS access but wants to handle bugs
    in the bug tracker, we can set up an account also.

* CVS lock files: When you get messages like that:
  "cvs server: [11:38:14] waiting for anoncvs's lock in ..."
  while committing a file to CVS you've found a stale lockfile.
  Well, at least if that lock stays for longer than a few minutes.

  This has happened three or four times in the last few weeks.

  If this happens, use ssh to log into your account at alioth (ssh
  login@sane.alioth.debian.org),
  cd /var/lib/gforge/chroot/cvsroot/sane/
  cd sane-backends (or sane-frontends or wherever)
  cd to the directory where the lock is located
  ls -l "#cvs*"
  If that lock is from anoncvs and older than some minutes, remove
  (rm) it. If it's from a developer, ask him what he is doing
  currently. If he isn't using CVS currently, remove the lock also.

I have just removed the anoncvs lock, is was dated from 3 november?
--
m.vr.gr.