[sane-devel] ScanJet 3400c

Sat, 15 Nov 2003 18:53:18 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 13, 2003 at 12:08:44PM +0100, Kernel wrote:
> 	I tried everithing you told me to but nothing worked.
> Usbdevfs is mounted on /proc/bus/usb and I loaded scanner kernel modul, but
> nothing. It still sayes "scanimage: open of device niash:libusb:001:002
> failed: Device busy". The interesting thing is that I uncommented the
> "/dev/usbscanner" in /etc/sane.d/niash.conf and scanimage tells me that
> scanner is on libusb. Is this normal?

The scanner is found at /dev/usb/scanner* if the kernel driver has
deteceted it. If it's found there, it has precedence over libusb.
So if sane-find-scanner lists the device at both /dev/usb/scanner* and
libusb, and you try to use libusb specifically, you'll get a "Device
busy" error because the kernel driver already claimed that device. If
you really want to use libusb, "rmmod scanner" may help. I don't know
if that "device busy" error is caused by that problem, however.